Accurate Tuner Beta FAQ
Using the app, known issues
How accurate is Accurate Tuner?
The accuracy is dependend on an instrument and different for every tone. It is even influenced by the instrument loudness and background noise. The tuner is based on the Fast Fourier Transformation (FFT) algorithm, but doesn’t end there and uses other complementary algorithms for better results. In general, when the needle is in the middle and the wave (or the animated rectangles) does not move, your instrument should be in tune with a great, sufficient precision.
What is the tone range?
The results should be accurate enough in the working tone range from E1 (41,2 Hz) to B6 (1975,53 Hz). The actual range is wider, but results may be wrong outside these boundaries. We hope to improve the range in the final version.
The octave is wrong. What does it mean?
This is a common problem with pitch tuners that is hard to avoid. Accurate Tuner uses a special algorithm for the octave detection, but it still doesn’t work always right. It depends on the frequency characteristics of a specific instrument and with some instruments may be even consistently wrong.
But in fact, the octave is rarely needed for tuning and some cheap hardware tuners solve this issue by the simplest possible way – they don’t show the octave at all. You can hide the octave number in the Accurate Tuner settings too, if you prefer so.
It’s a toy, results are just plain wrong!
Sorry, but this may happen with any phone pitch tuning software. We have no control over hardware and aren’t able to test it with all phone models. And yes, tuning is highly dependent on a specific phone hardware characteristics.
Also, we didn’t test it with Mango OS version yet and it may not work on it.
If you experience such troubles, please send us a mail: email@example.com
In the mail please specify your phone model, the OS version, and your musical instrument.
Beta testing, planned features
How long will be the Beta test period?
We expect it to last for several weeks.
Will the final version be free or paid?
We currently plan to release both free and paid versions. The paid version should offer the same features as this beta, plus more instruments and no ads. And of course a free trial. The free version may be more limited. This plan may change.
- Accurate Tuner Free is the 17th app in the Music + Video category in the US Windows Phone Store now: http://t.co/PJFHPUdd #wp #wpdev 5 months ago
- Accurate Tuner Free is the 7th Best Rated app in the Music + Video category in the US Windows Phone Store now: http://t.co/CJ07xaMu #wp 6 months ago
- Accurate Tuner Free for #windowsphone has just crossed 500 ratings globally with avg. of 4.45: http://t.co/QhXn7h3G #wp #wp7 9 months ago
- WMPoweruser: The secret of Accurate Tuner for Windows Phone – it works like a human ear http://t.co/Sr79MnH2 10 months ago
- With a bit of luck and your help, Accurate Tuner will celebrate its 1st birthday with 100.000 downloads! :-) http://t.co/QhXn7h3G #wp #wpdev 10 months ago